Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Running on Very Little Sleep

I have not been good at updating this week. I know lots of people stop by my blog just by looking at my counter so I am asking for seasoned mommy or daddy advice. We have been spoiled Isabelle has slept through the night since 7 weeks old, I am talking going to bed between 8 & 9 and sleeping until 7 sometimes later! Now the past almost 2 weeks now since she cut that first tooth her sleeping has gone NUTS and it has been hard on us. She is staying up until 11pm and she is so tired she can't stand it. Then she usually cries out around 1 or 1:30 AM and Scott tries to pat her back to sleep she never really wakes up at this point but she is almost trying to get out of her bed pulling and reaching for him. He picks her up and she puts her head on his shoulder and calms down. It takes about 30 minutes and she is back down and then up again usually the same way around 3:30AM. At first we were giving her a bottle at 3:30AM and then realized she is not waking because she is hungry. I get up then so all this week I have been starting my day at 3:30 AM, that is hard when you have to go and teach a class full of 24- 6 year olds. So needless to say I have been low on steam and not blogging much. Friday morning I broke down and just brought her to our bed, I had to have some sleep but needless to say I did not really go back to sleep. So I am asking for any GOOD advice you have out there to get my baby back in her good sleeping pattern and get her through this cutting teeth stage, please leave advice in my comments I truly read them all!

So I am late getting pics up, these are pics from Thursday. Isabelle spent the day at Rachel's house. I will update later today with pics from our trip to Nashville yesterday!


4 comments:

The Mom said...

Hang in there! Isaiah went through the same thing when he first cut his teeth. Just keep up the same routine and she will get back into her routine soon. Not that this helps the fact that you have to get up and go to work! I love the book "The No Cry Sleep Solution" and it helped us get him on a regular schedule.

CBJR Family said...

You know I can't help you because my baby didn't sleep for a LONG time! I know how rough it is to have to constantly get up in the night and have your sleep interrupted. Just remember, it will pass!
I like the new look of your blog!

Mills said...

Humm. . .when MacDuff was crying all night, Wes slept on the floor with him. Tell Scott to get down low!

Jessica said...

I know I'm about to get booed, but the only solution we found was co-sleeping. Put that baby in bed with you and you'll both get some shut eye!