Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Friday, July 4, 2008

10 Years Ago...


I met my wonderful husband on a blind date. Yes a blind date he was 30 years old & I was 23 years old. We had mutual friends who set us up at a cookout. I was immediately attracted to Scott. I think what really did it was when they put me on the back of a 4 wheeler with this guy and I had to wrap my arms around him. He looked at me and said "hold on tight, if you come off of this thing you have to bring me with you." I went home my heart all in a flutter and bouncing off the walls I was in love. We had our 1st official date the next night on July 5th. He took me to see the X-files movie (which by the way he told me last night a new one is coming out this month...looks like we will be needing a babysitter) and then to Tumbleweed to eat.

Who knew that 10 years later we would be married for almost 6 years and have a beautiful baby girl who is 11 months old. We have been through a lot but we have done it all together. I love Scott with all my heart and I am so blessed to have him as my husband. I thank God everyday for putting him in my life. He is my soul mate and I look forward to many many many more years together! I love you very much Scott and I am so blessed to be your wife. Thanks for taking me on that ride 10 years ago...guess what I am still holding on tight!

*Look at that pic of us yes I was blonde (obviously not natural) This pic was taken in Oct. or Nov. of 1998.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

All I can say is...look at that hottie! On a serious side, you say such nice things about your husband!

Brenda Bland said...

Congratulations to you for 10 years of being together! Marriage definately has its ups and downs. Today is our 17th anniversary!

The Mom said...

Wow 10 years! Here's to many many more together! Cheers!

CBJR Family said...

What a nice picture! You look so happy together!

Kim said...

Aww! How did I miss this post?
That was so sweet. I am so glad you and Scott have each other-and now Izzie!