Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Monday, November 10, 2008

Update & Ear Infection #3

Yes you read that right here we are out of town and end up in the pediatric ER of the hospital mamaw is in with another ear infection. This would be just a little over a month from #2. So yes 3 ear infections in 3 months. We will be seeing our doctor when we get home for a follow up and our 15 month appoitnment we had to cancel. So we may have the tube talk.

Mamaw is still with us and I never thought I would literally watch her die. It is hard and so sad. She has fought so hard and is so tired. Her body has shut down but it is like she does not know how to give up. She has told us she is ready and not to cry for her. Each day gets worse. The end is near just not exactly sure when it will be. I just keep praying for her to go peacefully. She is on the hospice floor and they are making sure she is comfortable.

8 comments:

Jessica said...

Bless your heart, you've had a hard weekend! Call me when you can!

Kim said...

Oh Jodie. I'm so sorry. I can't imagine how difficult that must be. We all love her. I think it's beautiful that if it is her time that she is ready to go, is comfortable and can have all of her family around her. What a blessing. I'm praying for her, you and the family.
Sorry you wound up in the ER with Izzie. She is really having a hard time.
Love you,
Kim

Roxy said...

Your family is in my prayers...truly she's getting ready to be in peace and meet Jesus. Celebrate with a happy heart that she will no longer be in pain.
Keep your head up,
C

jkear said...

You might try an EarCheck (www.earcheck.com) on Mamaw. It is a great device that can detect ear infections. I used it last night on my daughter and it works. It confirmd that she had an infection so I gave her some Tylenol so she could sleep and then went to the doc this morning and he agreed. It is great peace of mind.

Anonymous said...

I am still keeping you and your family in my thoughts and continual prayers. Mamaw has something that people out in the world don't understand and that is "peace that passeth all understanding" She is at peace and you all can be assured that she will finally, after a whole life's worth of living, is getting to meet her creator. How beautiful Heaven must be! I will pray for Mamaw's quick and painless passing and I will pray for your broken hearts from losing her. I love you and I will be here if you need a friend. Kiss Izzie for me, poor baby, Hope she is feeling better soon!
Love,
Rhonda

The Behmke Family said...

You are in our thoughts and prayers and we love you bunches!

Love,
The Behmkes

The Mom said...

I am praying for you and your family Jodie. Letting go is the hardest thing.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.