Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Mamaw


Where do I start I guess I hoped I would never ever have to write this type of post or the post that will soon follow. Mamaw is not doing well she is in the hospital. She was in ICU last night on a vent. Friday morning early the vent was turned off they have been unable to do dialysis and remove the fluid and she has an infection. Without dialysis her body is toxic her fever was 105. She has now been moved to a hospice room and the doctor said all her organs have shut down and her heart is still beating. This is amazing to me a woman who has had heart problems all her life and has had all kinds of pace makers valve replacements which always made her heart have a ticking sound like a clock ( I loved that when I would spend the night she would sleep with me when I was little and I could hear her tick!!!!) and everything else fails her and her heart is still ticking.

They are keeping her comfortable. We will head to Memphis in the morning or should I say later on this morning. I just ask for your prayers for her not to suffer. I hate to think she is in any pain. As much as I do not want to lose her I don't want to be selfish and have her here suffering. I will keep you posted on how things happen. All of our family will be traveling tomorrow.

Things I am thankful for...I am so thankful we made the trip to Memphis in Oct. she was able to see Isabelle and spend some time with her. I am thankful she was able to see me get married and have her first great grandchild. I am also thankful she was able to see my brother get married and Izzie turn one. I guess one thing that I am so thankful for is that I called her Sunday afternoon and was able to tell her I LOVE HER before things got really bad.

I will keep you posted. Thanks for your prayers.

6 comments:

Jules said...

My thoughts & prayers are with you during this difficult time.

Safe travels

Jessica said...

What a nice picture. She looks so healthy and happy it's amazing how fast she got sick. Be careful travelling and let us know how things are going.

happymomof4 said...

Oh Jodie my thoughts and prayers are with you all right now- I know what you all are going through. If there is anything at all I can do please just let me know! God Bless you all

Kim said...

What a blessing to have done those special things you listed-we are praying for all of you.

The Mom said...

Having gone through the same type of loss only a few months ago I know how you are feeling. It is wonderful that you got to tell her that you love her and she was able to really hear it and respond back. It is so hard to let go of someone that you love so much. The memories will keep you going, I promise that. They will hit you at the weirdest times and you will smile and think, wow, what an amazing women, mamaw, person. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your entire family!

Carrie, Sean and Savannah Leigh said...

Our thoughts are prayers are with you and your family during this time.