Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Re-training Isabelle for bed time!

OK so I ruined her in 1 short week. Yes I held her every night and I even let her sleep in bed with me while in Florida when she woke up during the night. Then we come home and she did not feel well and we sat up with her all night when she had the fever holding her and the next day.

Well chick does not want to sleep in her bed now and as much as I would love to hold her all night it is not good sleep for any of us. So as I post I am listening to my baby cry. I am doing the whole Super Nanny trick and going in and not saying anything and laying her back down in her bed (since she can stand up in bed now) and putting her paci in.

Scott dealt with this today and after an hour this morning she went to sleep and laid right down for her naps during the day. So yes it is mommy's turn because what can I say she knows I am a push over for her! Yes she has my number and has me wrapped around her finger! So we have been doing this for about an hour now. She is still crying but she is stopping and dozing so hopefully she will be out soon. This is so hard.

I remember when we moved her to her bed at 4 months old we went through this and I cried right along with her. Well I shed a few tears tonight because the bad thing about this now is she knows my name so she stands in their crying and saying "ma ma ma ma". That is heart breaking for me but I know this is best. So I occasionally go in kiss her and laying her down in the bed. She is not crying as bad now so maybe we are almost through the tough part huh.

I just had to have this blogged so one day she can read it and so I can remember and maybe next time I won't ruin her while on vacation! :) Mommy loves you sweet girl!

*It is 10:12pm and all is quiet she is asleep...I did it & so did she! Now I just hope she sleeps ALL NIGHT*

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Bless her heart! It tears at your heart strings when they cry AND yell for you by name! My kids were rotten to the core. Yep, we co-slept until they were 2 ahem or longer :)

The Mom said...

The same thing happen to me over vacation!! I feel your pain. It's so hard now that they are saying "ma ma ma". I have cried a few tears the last week too! Way to go and let me know how tonight goes!

CBJR Family said...

It's very hard to hear your baby crying for you, but you did the right thing! She'll get back into a bedtime routine soon if you keep it up!

Kim said...

Good for you! Hearing the ma ma ma-rips your heart right out, huh?
You'll be back in routine in no time-I hear it takes 3 days to make a habit. If so, you're almost there!

Rhonda J said...

Good job Jodie! I remember having to do that with my girls and it was horrible listening to them cry ma ma ma ma for you! I know how tender hearted you are so I am sending hugs through the wire for you!!! I love you girl, hang in there; you are a GREAT mommy!